Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chaos Sisters.... proof of God's continued provision

When life hands us lemons, if we look carefully, we'll see that God has already prepped the kitchen for us to make lemonade!

I'm a woman who is immensely blessed with lots of great girlfriends. I have friendships that date back to preschool. I use BFF far too often, but only because I can! I'm not bragging, but I'm one blessed chicka to have so many women to call Best Friends. Each is the Best for different reasons. A group of them are notoriously called 'The Chaos Sisters!"

Chaos Sisters: 4 Jesus following moms/girlfriends who are traveling together through some of life's more chaotic, messy seasons.

2 of us are in the midst of ending marriages. 2 of us are wrestling with cancer and its toll on our families. 2 of us are teachers. 2 of us come from alcoholic families. 2 of us are intimately acquainted with the frustrations of unemployment and the insanity of the country's loan modification nightmare. (Luke 10:1-3)

Between the 4 of us, we have 9 kids. Thankfully, our kids have been friends since before they could walk.

I do not think it the least bit coincidental that we all became friends the way we did, in the time we did. Only God knew that we each would need a friend who understands intimately the nature of our life's chaos.

These are sacred relationships.
The kind that only come along once or twice in a lifetime.
These are women I can text or call in the middle of the night, without a second thought.
These are women who are strong: in faith, in courage, in love, in laughter.
We can laugh at ourselves and our situations; and celebrate the fact that while today is chaotic, we each are loved and known by The One who calms the storm.
Because of this, we know we will triumph in the end.

My daughter even has her very own Chaos Sister. In addition to her friendships with the Chaos Kids, God gave her a new best bud for first grade.

The first day of school, she and I befriended a fellow student (M.) and her mom, (K.) Ironically, the mom and I recognized each other from our high school track team. Sure enough.... K was a single mom, living with her mother while looking for a job and reestablishing herself after her divorce.

The day we met, I was still married and had no clue what lay ahead.

I'm so thankful God knew and had already made preparations.

While Jesus talks repeatedly about going before us and preparing a place for us in Heaven, (John 14:1-3) I can't help but believe he's also preparing that way for us in the minutia of our lives here on earth. He knows what we need before we need it, often before we realize we need it! For this fact alone, today I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment