Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I behaved myself....

So, today I went and spoke with the old apartment complex. The person I needed to speak with was on vacation, so I had to share my concerns with some newbie leasing agent. Poor girl. I was very well behaved. I spoke kindly and didn't lose my cool. This was my major accomplishment for the day. I'll take it.

The fact that my mom came with me might have helped. Yes, I felt incredibly stupid. I'm 40 years old and my mommy came with me to give them a piece of her mind. Actually, it worked out quite well. I went in, stated my case and told them I was extremely unhappy with their analysis of the apartment. After I stated my case, my mom stepped in and stated something I'd completely forgotten. (Go Mom!)

Mom said that she remembered the leasing agent telling us they would be replacing the carpet before we moved in. The carpet was never replaced.

I then brought up the black mold stains in the carpet that were never completely cleaned up. Every person in the room stopped talking when I mentioned the mold.

I'm expecting a phone call from the property manager at the end of the week. We'll see what happens. I have no problem paying for the cleaning that I didn't do. I am not willing to pay for replacing flooring that was in disrepair when I moved in.

Its in God's hands now.

On an even more pathetic note....

I saw a re-posting of a job I applied for last summer. I never even got to interview for it, even though I knew people in the organization and had done the exact same job at another church. Not only had I done the exact same job elsewhere, I've also done the job of the people I would be assisting. Never before have I applied for a job where my experience so closely matched the job description, almost letter for letter.

I admit that I was surprised at the time that I didn't even get an interview.  Clearly my resume in and of itself indicated total qualification for the job. When I got the rejection email, I was stunned, but got over it and moved on.

So, the other day, after seeing the job re-posted, I emailed the HR person to ask if this was the same  position I'd previously applied for. 

Today, I got an email stating that yes, the position is open again, but that they've reviewed my application again, and Although we were impressed with your
background and experience, we feel we have other applicants who more closely
reflect the requirements for the position and needs of the department.


Um....  I wasn't re-applying! I was just inquiring. Sheesh..... nothing like getting rejected for a job that I didn't even apply for. Thanks.... needed that.

I'm resisting the urge to reply to the rejection with the following:  This is the same response you gave me when I initially applied for the job, and clearly, the person you thought 'more closely reflected the requirements and needs for the department' didn't work out..... so could you give me a chance?


I figure if they aren't interested in me, then I'm not going to lose any more sleep worrying about them... but hey, its their loss.







1 comment:

  1. I'm actually laughing out loud. =) My dear friend if others could only know what I know about you, they would kick themselves for not hiring you.

    ReplyDelete