Saturday, March 12, 2011

How did I get here????

A former youth minister, I left my career to get married . Knowing that youth ministry and family life are often incompatible, I focused on a new ministry at home - having husband and a family. When the kids came along, I figured out a way I could work part time from home and manage to keep family life my #1 priority. I succeeded pretty well, or so I thought.

Evidently, I was wrong. Very wrong.

After 10 years of marriage and a series of bizarre extended family dramas, my husband closed our joint bank accounts and redirected all his income into his own private account, leaving me with no access to money. He informed me he wasn't interested in counseling, but would provide a roof over my head until our lease was up in March. He moved into his new place in February.

In March, with no job in sight, no $$$, a toenail full of dignity and a boat load of faith, I moved my belongings into storage and my 2 children and I back into the bedroom I grew up in at my parents' home.

So, for today, I'm warm, safe and dry in my parents' home. Not ideal, as it comes with its own quirky set of unique challenges, but thankfully I'm not living in a refrigerator box. I have the kids during the week while I'm unemployed, Dad has the kids on the weekends .... just makes more sense that way. It only sucks a little. My parents enjoy the break from the noise and the energy that fills their home during the week. I enjoy the chance to send out more resumes, uninterrupted.

No comments:

Post a Comment