Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Good Days.... Bad Days......

Today was a good day! Yesterday was NOT! Funny how that works. The difference between the 2 = prayer!

Yesterday, my kids were using my parents' home like a gymnasium and driving us all nuts. They'd spent the weekend with their dad and his mother who was visiting. Grandma-ma baked and they ate nothing but sugar all weekend. Gotta love it when I get the consequences. NOT!

So, the kids were hopped up and the 3 adults screaming at them didn't help. We've moved into that comfortable place where my parents think they can discipline my children themselves, or rather undermine my discipline. Confusing at 40.... can't imagine how nuts it is when sugar has short-circuited a 4 year old brain.

All this, in addition to other weird family dynamics, the anticipation of the hand-off after soccer practice and my own attempts at climbing the crumbling walls of the pit of depression and yesterday chalked up to a BAD day.

Thankfully, I put the word out on Facebook and asked for prayers..... about an hour later, things had turned around. Kids had calmed down, the hand-off and soccer practice were uneventful and I got called for a job interview.... in addition to the fact that my brother and sister-in-law fed me dinner last night.....  but more than anything... I could feel, in that surreal, ethereal sense that something was different. My brothers and sisters in faith were dragging my weary soul to the well.... I felt it. I am thankful!

Today was Great.... Woke up today ready to take on the challenges of my crazy life. I spent some good time in fellowship with a chaos sister and some time in the word.  Ran errands and then spent a great afternoon with my kids.

We went to Wash Park, rode bikes, played on the playground, watched construction equipment repair the old boat house, made new friends, got ice cream at Bonnie Brae, then went to the mall and just happened to catch Gnomeo and Juliet with the AMC Theaters $5 Weekday flicks, spent an hour playing on the crazy play place, then went home exhausted!

In the meantime, I got a call about another job interview.

Mostly, it was a great day because I was with my kids... an no other agenda. I wasn't concerned about getting home to send off more resumes, look for jobs, clean house, fix dinner, etc.

Instead, my only agenda was to enjoy my kids and spring break!

Tomorrow, its MOPS in the morning, then we're off to Casa Bonita with the cousins for a Colorado tourist/gastrointestinal adventure!

Praying for another good day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment